Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) is a non-surgical solution that minimise’s the appearance of baldness and hair loss. While similar to traditional tattooing, Scalp Micropigmentation is unique in a variety of ways. SMP involves the use of highly specialised equipment and techniques to inject pigment into the scalp. SMP simulates the appearance of a shaved head of hair; it can be used to camouflage scarring and can be used with many hair loss conditions to improve the look and self-confidence of the individual.
This non-invasive treatment gives immediate results, requires little maintenance and provides perfectly natural looking results. The permanent tattoo replicates the look of hair follicles by implanting pigment into the dermal layer of the skin to give the natural looking result. The specialist equipment and needles used to perform this technique are far superior to traditional tattooing generally used; as well as not needing to place the tone as deep as other tattooing methods.
The process –
- Your initial consultation appointment is first. Consultations can be done in-person, over the phone, or over video chat via Skype, FaceTime, etc, in order to gain an understanding of what results you want to achieve from your treatment. Experts will guide you through the process and help you decide which style is best for you.
- Next, treatment begins. This initial session is to lay the foundation of your new look. After the first treatment, your scalp will be a little red, but within a single day this typically returns to normal.
- The second treatment allows the experts to fill in more detail and go a shade darker than the initial session. This session is where your treatment really comes to life, and the new look is perfected.
- Occasionally, but not always, a third procedure may take place. Third treatments are typically done by the request of the client, if they would like to go even darker.
Scalp Micropigmentation creates a ‘buzz cut look’ which is becoming more and more fashionable. At a fraction of the cost, it can be a great alternative to a hair transplant; it gives instant results with no scaring or need for medication to maintain the results.
The range of Scalp Micropigmentation options –
- Adding Density to Thinning Hair – Men and women of all ages have found Scalp Micropigmentation as their solution to cover or fill in thinning hair. Thinning can result in a wide, undesirable scalp area showing through the hair. Typically, the person will have an even coverage across the scalp, but the density drops as the hair loss progresses. Scalp Micropigmentation replaces the lost density, resulting in the appearance of an even, full head of hair.
- The Permanent Edge Up – With this particular procedure, it is very important to begin conservatively with the hairline. There is a lot of preparation required before starting to create the hairline and a side temple area first. Experts carefully match the colour and density precisely during these procedures to create the illusion of a head full of hair with a sharp hairline, in addition to a robust and youthful edge-up.
- Soft Hairline and Widowed Peak – Many people want their current hairline lowered, replenishing where it has receded over time, and giving the appearance of fuller hair and a clean hairline. They follow the natural hairline by layering the impressions, thus giving the realistic appearance of hair with no hard line.
Another treatment is using HairMax Laser Devices. Therapeutic light energy is delivered directly to your hair follicles through the highest quality medical-grade lasers. The benefits include thickening of hair diameter, enhanced hair strength, a reversal of thinning & fine hair and, most importantly, new hair growth.